HOW TO MAKE GHOST EMOJI PAINTED ROCKS THAT YOUR KIDS WITH LOVE!
Who doesn’t love those cute Ghost Emojis?
Using emojis is a way of expressing moods and is a fun way of communicating with others in this digital age. These Halloween ghost emoji rock painting tutorial will be a fun rock painting craft to do with your family.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This spooky rock painting craft is a part of another post called, 31 Days of Halloween Rocks, check it out for more boo-tiful rock painting ideas.
If you’re new to rock painting, go to Start Here to get all the beginner rock painting tips and find the best supplies to use in our Amazon Shop now!
Rock Hunting 101
- Start by searching in your own backyard for rocks to paint. Public areas such as parks and hiking trails are great places to find rocks.
- It’s against the law to remove rocks or even leave your painted rocks in National or State Parks.
- You can even try home improvement stores, a local garden center, or stone yard to purchase your rocks.
- Next, it’s time to clean the rocks using soapy water to remove dust or dirt. Let them dry completely before starting the project.
Ghost Emoji Rock Painting Tutorial
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Paint Pens
- Paint Palette
- Clear Sealer Spray
- Begin by painting a base coat of white craft paint on the rock and let it dry before moving on to the next step.
- Use a pencil to sketch out the ghost emoji on the rock. I painted a girl and a boy version.
- Take a black paint pen to trace the ghost outline. I like to use Uni Posca and Zeyer paint pens. Both brands work great, it’s water-based, so it odor-free and kid-friendly.
- Fill in the tongue area with a pink or red paint pen and using the black paint pen to fill in the mouth area.
- Fill in the eye area with a black paint pen, but leaving a small white circle inside the eyes.
- Color the bow pink on the girl ghost emoji.
- Paint the background black using black craft paint with a nylon paint brush.
- I used the Extreme Glitter paint by Plaid and painted the backgrounds blue and pink. This added a pretty sparkle to these Halloween rocks.
- After the cute Ghost Emoji Rock Painting is completely dry, spray a clear sealer on the rocks and let it dry again for 24 hours before touching the rocks.
Helpful Rock Painting Tips…
- Acrylic craft paint is water-based, fast-drying, but also easy to clean off of skin.
- Read our post on 35 acrylic painting tips that will blow your mind!
- Painting a rock with a base coat will provide a vibrant tone to your design.
- Follow the directions on the clear sealer spray and be sure to use in a well-ventilated area such as outside.
Here are some more Halloween Rock Painting Ideas:
- Pumpkins & Jack O’ Lanterns
- Black Cats
- Sugar Skulls
Extra Craft Items to use to for Halloween Rocks:
Have you made your own Ghost Emoji Painted Rocks?
If so, let me know in the comments below.
In the meantime, if you are new to rock painting and don’t know where to start. Check out the Rock Painting for Beginners series below.
Part 2 – Rock Painting Supplies | What you need to know
Part 3 – Easy Rock Painting Techniques
Part 4 – How to Mix Colors with Confidence
Also, share your rock art in Rock Painting Guide’s Facebook Group page, here.
There you can post your rock painting questions, give advice on rock painting, share your rock art, and join the fun with our amazing rock painters beginners and pros!